JuvodHR performance reviews, built for small business owners with the hidden power of Superheroes, start with a valid job description, including Tasks and Work Styles (characteristics necessary for success). This is a good practice because it shows the employee what’s expected. It also produces a valid performance review that’s job related.
With over 1,000 customized job descriptions in the JuvodHR job description creator it’s not surprising to find Superman’s job description.
Job Description – Superman
Job Summary –
Fight crime while wearing a customized uniform. Guided by a strong moral compass, use superhuman abilities to benefit humanity. Investigate news and write stories when not battling evil.
Tasks and Responsibilities –
• Look polished and well groomed even in the midst of chaos.
• Keep Metropolis safe by being available at all times.
• Maintain secret identity by maintaining a public alias who looks and acts nerdy.
• Find and defeat villains regardless of how scary they may be.
• Promote and maintain a positive public image.
• Protect humanity from evil using super-strength, super-speed, vision powers (including x-ray, heat-emitting, telescopic, infra-red, and microscopic vision), super-hearing, super-intelligence, and super-breath.
Work Styles –
• Effort: Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
• Independence: Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
• Stress Tolerance: Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
• Integrity: Job requires consistency of actions, methods, principles, expectations, and outcomes.
• Dependability: Job requires having excellent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
• Persistence: Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
• Initiative: Job requires a willingness to personally take on responsibilities and
• Attention to Detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
Superman and the other superheroes go through performance reviews every six months. Frequent reviews improve communication and employees respond favorably to receiving regular feedback on their performance.
JuvodHR’s review process begins with the tasks the employee is expected to perform as outlined in their job description. It’s easy to rate performance using our sliders.
After tasks are rated, it’s time to evaluate performance on Work Styles. Two Work Styles are combined in a grid to make it faster and easier to rate.
In the first box, Superman is rated on ‘Independence’ (Needs Direction vs. Independent) and ‘Effort’ (Low Achiever vs. High Achiever). You simply move the ball within the grid to set the rating. In the second box Superman is rated on ‘Integrity’ (Low Integrity vs. High Integrity) and ‘Stress Tolerance’ (Stressed vs. Calm). Even though two Work Styles appear in the same box, they’re rated independently.
Once the ratings finished, JuvodHR suggests comments that are tailored to the ratings you provided. You can provide your own comments as well – for tasks, Work Styles and overall.
The process culminates in a final score that can range anywhere between 1 and 7. ‘Meets Expectations’ falls between 4 and 6. Superman’s score was 5.7 so he’s a good performer.
A professional report for Performance Review for Clark Kent, without the score. Superman’s report is provided at the end of this post.
Just like Superman, JuvodHR reviews are faster than a speeding bullet and more powerful than a locomotive.
Up, up, and away!
This guest post was written by a superhero over at JuvodHR, Pam Waits.