Despite February marking the end of the shortest month of the year, our development team has been hard at work making plenty of new and exciting updates for all of our TSheets users. We’re on a roll with updates and can’t be stopped; at this rate we’re in for a very exciting year. Make sure you check out all of our Changelog posts to stay on the up and up.
1. Text Messaging Add-On: While we’ve removed our signature footer, we’ve used those extra characters to include your day and week totals when clocking in, out or switching job codes. This means you’ll be able to get more information by sending fewer text messages – truly a win-win.
2. Appearance Updates: We’ve cleaned up the look of the Employee Editor and the Job Code editor for a more user friendly experience, most notably for Internet Explorer users.
3. GPS with Rounding: Our GPS tracking code for the native apps now records more frequent and accurate GPS information for those who also use the Timesheet Rounding add-on.
4. GPS Timestamp: Initially a feature request, we’ve made many a wish come true with this one. In the GPS map view, if you hover your cursor over any recorded GPS point, it will also display a timestamp.
5. World Icon Display: This has been updated to only show up when there is an estimated location based on an IP address. Now, if you’re clocking in via SMS, Dial-In or there wasn’t any GPS information pulled while using any of our mobile apps, there won’t be any icons displayed in the Timesheet List.
And for all of our QuickBooks users, here is a list of all the updates and changes made if you have the QuickBooks Integration installed:
6. Adjustment Warning: We now provide a pop-up alert if anyone tries to add, edit or delete an employee, customer / job, or service item from within TSheets. We instead recommend that you make these changes in QuickBooks and then perform a sync.
7. Timesheet Lock Warning: When attempting to unlock a timesheet that’s already been exported to QuickBooks, we now provide a pop-up alert letting you know this will create a duplicate timesheet in QuickBooks.
8. Employee Default Permissions: When employees are imported from QuickBooks to TSheets, they are now given the permission to see “Who’s Working” by default.
9. Immediately Archive Vendors: Accidentally imported all of your vendors into TSheets? No sweat! Just uncheck the “Import Vendors as Employees” option in your QuickBooks Integration Preferences window and you will now be asked if you would like to immediately archive all of those vendors in TSheets.
10. Employee Editor Overlays: When viewing the details of an employee linked to a QuickBooks user, we’ve now shaded out all the fields which are populated by QuickBooks.
Phew! What a month! But don’t worry, we have plenty more exciting features and updates coming next month; stay tuned :)
Are there some features you’re dying to see in TSheets? Let us know! All of TSheets is built based upon feedback and feature requests from our users, so swing by our feature request page here:
And let us know what you want to see, and why. Our developers will take it from there.