We often hear that “time is a precious commodity”, and we shouldn’t waste it. Sometimes I think it’s taken for granted just how much one can accomplish in a short period of time. Take a look at what can be accomplished in just 38 seconds:
- A 6 year old can completely solve a Rubiks cube
- A marijuana user gets arrested every 38 seconds in America
- Spice Girls’ London Tickets Sell Out in 38 seconds
- It takes Wal-Mart less than 38 seconds to earn $470,000 dollars.
- Tyson won a fight in 38 seconds
- A full pitcher of water can be filtered in 38 seconds
- You can completely beat MineSweeper in 38 seconds
Time is definitely precious, but I don’t believe I would consider it a commodity. I wish it were – I’d be first in line to find someone who could sell me more of it! Unfortunately, there is no way you can gain more than 86,400 seconds in a day. The only thing you can do is make different decisions concerning how you spend it. One of the most effective means of improving how you spend time is by simply being more conscious of how you’re using it. Each time you punch out on your timeclock, try taking just 38 seconds to reflect on what you accomplished that day. You might be surprised at what this little exercise will do to improve your next day’s work.