Time Tracking via Twitter
You’re on Twitter all day anyway, sending text messages to update your status and share your mind with the world. Now you can do one more thing with Twitter – Track your Time! Users can now send direct messages to @tsheets to start or stop the clock, switch job codes, or add notes to their work-log.
The TSheets / Twitter link is quite similar to our Jott and text messaging features in terms of simplicity and functionality. If you’d like to restrict certain employees from using the Twitter add-on we’ve got you covered there too- Simply enable the “authorization” feature and employees won’t be permitted to use Twitter for time tracking unless they are granted the “Mobile” permission.
- Log into your TSheets account
- Click on “My Account” -> “Add-ons” and install the “Twitter” add-on
- Click the new Twitter menu item that appears
- Enter your Twitter username and click save
- Login to your Twitter account and follow @tsheets
- Send a direct message to TSheets with a message like “start client meeting, note: they love us!”
- TSheets will process your message and reply with a confirmation message
- d tsheets start consulting
- d tsheets switch development
- d tsheets notes Resolved client’s issue
- d tsheets switch support notes Got another issue
- d tsheets stop
So now in addition to voice recognition, a polished iPhone web-app, a Google gadget, text messaging, a Mac widget, and your personalized TSheets account page, you’re ready to rock the clock with Twitter.