We are looking for a Creative Designer / User Interface Genius / User Experience Rockstar to join our small and fast-moving team.
About the Position
This position will require you to be involved in everything, including: “owning” the entire usability of our SaaS time tracking application, early brainstorming on new features, creating all things graphic on our public facing website, and building the graphics for marketing materials. You’ll be working collaboratively with our software engineers and marketing director to come up with kick-butt ideas.
You should have a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, excellent visual design skills, great technical know-how and a proven expertise in interaction design. You have great ideas and can express them in a variety of different ways, be it a whiteboard, Photoshop, Illustrator, charades or smoke signals. You’ll also be able to interpret the team’s ideas and translate those into presentable images.
Your creative eye has a keen sense for color, typography, layout and usability. Your designs have a high level of attention to detail and polish is your middle name.
You have the ability to come up with ideas and UI’s that marry business problems, customer needs and innovation all in a sleek, intuitive, and useful package.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Have a passion for design, user experience, customer service and mobile
- While you don’t need to be a programmer geek, you should be a design freak and know basic html, css and jquery
- An ability to produce appropriate sketches, wire-frames, navigation models, highly-polished look and feel drawings, illustrations, diagrams, etc. in a very iterative environment
- Proven experience defining, developing, and documenting UX design and interaction requirements/specifications
- A strong understanding of modern web practices to create an efficient user-experience
- Mastery of color, layout and typography
- An eye for detail and a proven track record producing consistent clean icons, graphics, and layouts for web and applications
- Track record of “owning” and delivering brilliance on projects that have your name on them
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web/Graphic Design or related discipline, or equivalent working experience
Why join us? The TSheets team lives, eats and breathes our motto: Work really hard. Play really hard. It’s a dynamic, close-knit team that has a strong conviction to deliver brilliance to our customers.
We also offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees including, medical, dental, and vision!
We are looking for smart, innovative team members that *care* about what they create.
How to Apply
It’s easy… Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume, a portfolio of sites designed, either online or with attached files. Oh… and don’t forget a cover letter.